Switch over from your Xanthan-gum or Caregeenan-laden bottled salad dressing, and make it fresh and clean with organic ingredients instead. I stopped doing store-bought salad dressings because it just can’t compare with this basic French vinaigrette that I use for pretty much any salads. It works both for warm and cold salads, and is my go-to any day of the week.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsbp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of finely minced shallot
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tbsp of raw honey
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of fresh herbs (Basil, Parsley, or Dill) Optional
- Finely mince your shallots and garlic.
- Put your shallots and garlic into a small dome-shaped bowl, with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, and herbs, and whisk with a fork until emulsified (About 30 seconds).
Enjoy it drizzled on everything salad.